lication was ultimately unsuccessful as Kumble was chosen.[Shastri] took up the responsib | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 14 '19
CINCINNATI -- Dan Straily gets away with a rather risky approach at the homer haven known as Great American Ball Park. Chaussure Asics Pas Cher .He gets outs with balls in the air. He collected 14 of them, 10 on flyballs to the outfield, while setting a franchise record during Cincinnatis 6-4 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday night.Straily pitched a career-high eight innings and the Reds took advantage of some sloppy Milwaukee fielding for their fifth straight win.Adam Duvall put the Reds ahead for good in the third with the first of his two doubles. The Reds went on to match their longest winning streak of the season.Straily (12-8) pitched around solo home runs by Keon Broxton and Jonathan Villar to improve to 8-2 since the All-Star break.Straily allowed three hits and two runs with one walk and eight strikeouts while logging his 11th start in which he allowed three or fewer hits -- a franchise record, according to the Reds.Its not just me, he said. Im the beneficiary of great scouting reports and defense. Home runs are going to happen. I try to tell these guys that if they dont put guys on base, youll be fine.Its tough to get beat giving up solo home runs. I understand the environment Im in. Its you versus the hitter. I want contact. I want the weakest contact possible, and I want it right at somebody, he said.Manager Bryan Price has learned that theres method in what looks like Strailys madness.You just make sure they are higher than farther, he said. In Dans case, you just have to find a way to stay off the barrel of the bat. You cant pitch in this ballpark or the big leagues if you try to defend against the home run.Tony Cingrani pitched the ninth, allowing Chris Carters 34th homer, a two-run shot. Carter just missed hitting a three-run shot in the sixth, reaching the right field warning track with two outs.Matt Garza (5-7) allowed five runs, only one earned, in five innings as the Brewers lost for the fourth time in five games.Joey Vottos solo home run in the first inning was his 24th of the season. He has 28 homers and 91 RBI against the Brewers in his career, his top totals versus one opponent.Milwaukee, which went into the game with the major leagues worst fielding percentage, committed errors on Cincinnatis first two batters of the third. Garza hit Eugenio Suarez with one out to load the bases and Votto tied it at 2 with a single before Duvall hit a two-run double.Brandon Phillips then hit a fly ball to right-center field that Kirk Niewenhuis caught while being jostled by Broxton, the center fielder.Votto scored on the sacrifice fly, but Duvall was thrown out at the plate trying to take advantage of the mini-collision and score from second.Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell is running out of patience.We were sloppy again defensively tonight, Counsell said. Frankly, its unacceptable. Its time for us to finish the season. Its 162 games, and its not over. Theres still time for guys to make an impression. These are important games for those guys.NO BLITZINGFormer University of Louisville and Denver Broncos linebacker Tom Jackson, who recently retired after 29 years as an ESPN NFL analyst, threw a ceremonial first pitch. Jackson is a long-time Cincinnati area resident.TRAINERS ROOMReds: RHP Homer Bailey, who hasnt pitched since Aug. 28 because of right biceps soreness, threw a 44-pitch bullpen session. He is tentatively scheduled for another session on Friday.UP NEXTBrewers: RHP Junior Guerra (8-3) makes his third start since coming off the disabled list on September 1. He progressed from 3 1/3 innings in his first start to five in his next outing.Reds: RHP Tim Adleman (2-3), who notched his first major league win on May 6 against the Brewers, is Cincinnatis scheduled starter on Wednesday. Acheter Asics Pas Cher . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Asics Pas Cher France .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. http://www.franceasics.fr/ . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. India batsman Rohit Sharma has spoken highly of the sides new head coach Anil Kumble, describing the former India captain as an inspiring figure from whom he had learnt a lot.Rohit played alongside Kumble towards the end of the legspinners India career. The two renewed their professional relationship when Kumble served as Mumbai Indians team mentor from 2013 to 2015, a period during which the team won two IPL titles and a Champions League T20 title. Kumbles first assignment as India coach is the four-Test series in the West Indies in July and August.I have two [three] years of experience [with him] at Mumbai Indians and I know the kind of things we spoke about. I was the captain and he was the coach and mentor of the team. I got to learn a lot from him, Rohit said at an Express Adda event in Mumbai. I was fortunate enough to play with him during the last months before he retired. I remember in 2008, I was part of the Test squad to Sri Lanka and he was the captain. And he always had this attitude of never giving up, which as a young player is so inspiring.You have to keep fighting no matter what. If the game is slipping away from your hands, dont give up till the last ball is bowlled. Vente Asics Pas Cher. Thats how he played his cricket. You get the feeling that he was someone who wouldnt let go too easily. Thats the kind of message that he wanted to send across. Thats the kind of message we also want as young players. Hes very inspiring.Rohit was also full of praise for Ravi Shastri, whose 18-month tenure as India team director came to an end after the World T20 earlier this year. Shastri had been appointed to the role in August 2014, after Indias dismal loss in the Test series in England. During Shastris tenure, India made it to the semi-finals of successive global events - the 2015 World Cup and the 2016 World T20 - and briefly occupied the No. 1 Test ranking earlier this year. Shastri had applied for the position of head coach in June, but his application was ultimately unsuccessful as Kumble was chosen.[Shastri] took up the responsibility when we were in a shambles, Rohit said. As soon as he came, he created a positive atmosphere around us.Rohit added that Shastri had been a big influence on Indian cricket for the past 18 months. ' ' '