b, who has been impressive so far, will | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 14 '19
Former Boston Celtics guard Evan Turner has agreed to a four-year, $70 million deal with the Portland Trail Blazers, his agent told ESPNs Jeff Goodman. Mikhail Sergachev Jersey .Turner posted a message to Celtics fans on Instagram late Friday afternoon.?The deal cannot be officially signed until July 7, when a leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted.During two seasons in Boston, Turner averaged 10 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists over 27.8 minutes per game. Celtics coach Brad Stevens often leaned on Turners ballhandling abilities, especially during the 2014-15 season. Turner started 57 games that season, often running the offense while rookie Marcus Smart got his feet wet.Turner, 27, settled into a reserve role this past season (with Isaiah Thomas elevating to starting point guard) and finished fifth in NBA Sixth Man of the Year voting. Known for his ability to create off the dribble, especially pulling up from the midrange, Turner often poked fun at himself for shooting just 14.5 percent beyond the 3-point arc before the All-Star break. He then went out and shot 52.4 percent from long distance over the final two months of the season.Before rejuvenating his career in Boston, the 6-foot-7 Turner was continually referenced as the No. 2 pick in the 2010 draft. With the Celtics, Turner embraced his supporting role and endeared himself to his coach and teammates with his personality. Turner also cemented his reputation as one of the most quotable players in the league.Information from ESPNs Chris Forsberg was used in this report. Martin St. Louis Jersey . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. Vincent Lecavalier Jersey . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. http://www.lightninghockeystore.us/Brayden-Point-Jersey/ . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. BEREA, Ohio -- Cody Kessler relishes the underdog role. Its the only one hes known.Clevelands rookie quarterback has spent his entire football life overcoming long odds, sidestepping danger and making the best of difficult situations.Hes in a new one.Just three weeks into his first NFL season, Kessler, who was once told his career would not take him further than junior college, will make his regular-season debut Sunday when the Browns (0-2) visit the Miami Dolphins.This wasnt the plan the Browns had in mind for Kessler, but the 23-year-old has experienced enough turmoil to know not everything follows a script.Thats how life is, he said. Youre going to have adversity, youre going to have different things that you dont expect to happen, and its just how you react to them. I know it might sound clich?, but I really believe in that.With Robert Griffin III and Josh McCown sustaining injuries to their left shoulders in the first two weeks, the Browns quickly ran out of options and will now turn to Kessler, a third-round draft pick who started 41 games at USC, to run their offense and lead them.Kessler is the fifth quarterback to start Clevelands past five games and the franchises 26th since 1999.Kessler has been consumed by preparation the past two days. He buried his nose deep in Clevelands playbook, spent hours watching and re-watching the Browns first two losses and studied tape on the Dolphins.Miami roughed up Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson in Week 1 and then knocked New Englands Jimmy Garoppolo from the game a week ago when linebacker Kiko Alonso drove him to the turf.Kessler knows he has to avoid Miamis vice.Their front seven is very physical and I think a lot of that has to do with how well their back four play, Kessler said before practice Wednesday.Their safeties, their DBs, they get after the ball and they hold up really well in coverage and then their front seven get after the quarterback.Browns coach Hue Jackson, whose selection of Kessler stunned draft experts, admires the way his young QB is digging into his assignment.One thing we all know about Cody is he is in this building from morning to night, Jackson said. We have to kick him out. That is just the way he is.He sees this as a tremendous opportunity for himself and I think he wants to go represent himself and the organization and his teammates well. He iis preparing as hard as he can to get himself ready to play. Nikita Kucherov Jersey. Kesslers path to the pros was not normal.After deciding in high school to focus on football, he didnt get any major college offers and there was a long period when it appeared his dreams would be dashed.His father, Don, a former corrections officer, drove him around to various summer camps and put together highlight videos hoping to entice a major college to take a chance on his son.There was times when people would just say, `Hey, youre not going to play college, expect to go to the junior college here in Bakersfield, he said.Kessler wouldnt let rejection discourage him.I just kept telling myself I want to be bigger, I want to be better than that and I want to continue to work, he said. And it paid off. Just worked for me, just kind of always having that no-quit mentality.Browns Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas has been impressed with the focus, work ethic and humility Kessler has shown.You admire a guy that kind of has a chip on his shoulder, a guy like Cody who has had to work for everything and hasnt been given anything, Thomas said. A smaller guy, not your 6-6, 250-pound quarterback, so you respect him because everything he has gotten, hes earned it.At USC, Kessler fought to win playing time and wound up throwing 88 touchdown passes while enduring numerous coaching changes and playing in one of college footballs most celebrated programs.Kessler recalled missing a potential touchdown with an incompletion on his first throw before connecting 15 times in a row.It was a cool experience, he said. But it was something that youll never forget. Like a situation like this, something that youll never forget and something you want to take advantage of.Game notes WR Terrelle Pryor would sacrifice everything for his team. Ill do anything to help us win, anything, cut my finger off, do whatever Ive got to do, he said. Im willing to die on this field.... Rookie DE Carl Nassib had surgery on his broken left hand. Jackson believes Nassib, who has been impressive so far, will be back soon. ... NT Danny Shelton was limited in practice with a sprained knee.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '