inger said everyone on staff has helped in key moments during this Rio run.Just like the 12th m | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 18 '19
OKLAHOMA CITY -- There has been a national debate taking place this past week over star players sitting out games due to rest. Cheap Michigan Wolverines Jerseys . From Cleveland to Atlanta, head coaches have decided to sit their best players in order to save them for the entire season.Indiana coach Nate McMillan wishes he had that problem. He has been forced to scratch forward Paul George from Fridays lineup due to a sore left ankle. The Pacers wound up falling 116-96 to the Phoenix Suns.He really hasnt done anything in the last two days, McMillan told the Indy Star. The ankle was sore when he was playing and the last two days it really hasnt gotten any better. We just want to make sure everything is OK there, for his sake and ours. Hopefully there isnt anything and he just needs some time.The Pacers didnt announce whether George will be suited up for Sunday nights game in Oklahoma City. He was scheduled to have an MRI Saturday.But there is no doubt, they play much differently when their All-Star forward is on the floor or not.George leads Indiana in scoring (21.0), rebounds (7.1) and steals (1.7). If he cant go, thats a lot of slack the rest of the Pacers have to pick up.Indiana is hoping the return of Rodney Stuckey will make up for some of the loss of George. Stuckey played Friday after straining his right hamstring Oct. 28.He said he felt pretty good and was ready to go, McMillan told the Star. You want to slowly work him back into conditioning and rhythm and not give him a ton of minutes right off the bat.The Thunder also sustained an injury during its win over Brooklyn Friday. Backup point guard Semaj Christon suffered a concussion and is currently in the NBAs concussion protocol. He also has a non-displaced left facial fracture.According to Thunder officials, once Christon passes the protocol, he will be able to return to the lineup wearing a facemask.That leaves the Thunder with only Russell Westbrook as the only point guard on the roster. Cameron Payne is still healing from foot surgery in the preseason.According to Thunder coach Billy Donovan, Victor Oladipo will see time running the point with the second unit.Victor I feel very comfortable with just because hes played some point in Orlando and hes done it a little bit here, Donovan said. Im fine with that. I think we can create and generate enough ball handling when Russell is off the floor to at least get into our offense. That will be the biggest thing.Its the Thunders reserves that have been a big reason the team has won two straight after a four-game losing streak. On Friday, they accounted for 39 points and 15 rebounds.I thought they did a really good job, Donovan said. I mentioned after a couple games ago that I felt like we as a staff, myself in particular, try to help those guys. I thought they were on the same page. I thought they moved the basketball. I thought they made the game easier for each other. They generated good shots. They helped each other. They defended. It was good to see them play the way they did and it was good to see them extend onto the lead. Cheap Tom Brady College Jersey . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. http://www.ncaacheapjerseys.com/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Matt Fuerbringer watches intently during warmups, first with hands on hips before he briefly crosses his arms then immediately moves them behind his back. After that, its a thumbs-up to four-time Olympian Reid Priddy and a high-five with David Lee.A quick hug and handshake for technical coordinator Nate Ngo.The top assistant mens volleyball coach for the U.S. team adjusts his headset well before the first ball is struck, then is right in the huddle during timeouts and hollering from the bench, fingers clasped around a clipboard.This is the Olympics Fuerbringer never had as a player. He came close to making the beach team for London four years ago.I do miss playing, yeah, I miss it a lot. But this is a different type of love, its a different type of impact, he said. Its really fun that these guys let me be on the journey with them.A former standout player both indoors and on sand, the 42-year-old Fuerbringer has been the reliable right-hand man for John Speraw as he balances dual coaching roles with the national team and UCLA.The U.S. lost a thrilling five-set semifinal to Italy on Friday, the Americans four-game winning streak snapped since a loss to Italy in the second match of pool play. They will play Sunday morning for bronze.Fuerbringer is the brainchild behind their blocking defense.Speraw also so appreciates Fuerbringers strength developing strong relationships with the players.Thats a really important role for an assistant coach but particularly in this situation when Im managing two programs, Speraw said.It was Fuerbringer who first texted setter Micah Christenson with an invite into the U.S. gym when another body was needed for training.Hes definitely the most relatable in the volleyball sense. He has a great mind for volleyball. We really respect what he says, Christenson said. Hes doing aall of that dirty work. NCAA Basketball Jerseys Cheap. hile he is enjoying being part of the indoor teams run in Rio, Fuerbringer still couldnt wait to steal away to Copacabana beach and root for his old beach volleyball partner, Nick Lucena.He got a thrill watching Lucena on the sand alongside Phil Dalhausser before they were eliminated in Mondays quarterfinals, and they hung out Sunday.For the indoor team, not only is Fuerbringer the eyes for Speraw as needed, he makes at least one trip each winter to check up on the American players abroad with their professional club teams.Of the whole staff, hes the one whos kind of been there and done that, Ngo said. He played on the indoor national team and had an awesome career on the beach, so his ability to relate to the guys and know what theyre going through in a big moment, hes been in those situations.Lee counts on Fuerbringer to discuss ideas and strategy in the middle of matches, during training or off the court.When the Americans dropped their first two games in Brazil, Fuerbringer and the staff stressed the basics: Get back to just focusing on effort and not the results.Its great to have a guy whos competed at the highest level and knows what were going through, and he obviously brings a big impact to our blocking defense, Lee said. So that means I have a lot of discussions with him. Hes always there for me to figure out what to do on the next play.Fuerbringer said everyone on staff has helped in key moments during this Rio run.Just like the 12th man on the roster is part of the team, the last coach on the rosters part of the team, Fuerbringer said. Weve all have moments where our contributions have been key to getting us to this point, and thats really cool. ' ' '