hen the win just comes to you, Ciganda said. Like I think if you are really looking for | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 18 '19
Sri Lanka Cricket has outlined its strong opposition to the proposed two-tier Test system, claiming that it cant see any benefit for Sri Lankan cricket, the game, or the players. Air Max Australia Cheap . SLC president Thilanga Sumathipala also voiced concerns over the financial ramifications of a potential tiered system, and believed the current path towards full membership and Test status for Associate sides was adequate.The proposal to split Test cricket into two tiers - with seven nations in tier one, and five, including two new Test nations, in the second tier - was mooted at the ICCs annual conference, in Edinburgh. BCB president Nazmul Hassan had said Bangladesh was the only country to oppose the proposed system, but SLC officials said Sri Lanka was one of two boards in opposition.In any case, Sumathipala spoke strongly against a move from the status quo, in which ten nations have full membership and Test status. Sri Lanka is currently seventh in the Test rankings with 85 points, ahead of West Indies, in eighth position with 65.Sri Lanka Cricket has decided not to support two-tier Test cricket as we have decided its detrimental to SLC and for its future, Sumathipala said. We feel that to make it a top seven - you are virtually relegating the bottom three to a different level.The revenue-sharing details within the proposed system have not yet been worked out, but there has been the suggestion that all matches within the proposed structure be sold in one block, as part of a centralised broadcasting agreement. Another option might be for the ICC to pay a competition grant, which would cover the costs of every nations Test fixtures within the structure. Sumathipala, however, was skeptical of how such a financial model might work.We believe that if you are a Full Member, there cant be two tiers. One of the reasons is to maintain sustainability of the economy of cricket. If India goes to eighth position, what happens?The primary aims of a two-tier system are to provide stronger context for Test matches, a merit-based promotion and relegation system, and to create a clear pathway to Test status for Associate nations. SLC had helped lobby for Bangladesh to be granted Test status, in 2000, and Sumathipala said that pathway remained available and adequate for any aspiring Test side.If someone wants to come up - they can come up, thats no problem. Thats the way Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka came up. But that doesnt mean that anyone should go down. If you want to take the Test level that is a different effort that you must make. We did that for Bangladesh and its a very successful story.The board did, however, support a separate but equally radical change to the game - that of four-day Tests. The suggestion that Tests should ideally be played over four days consisting of 100 overs each has been around for some time, and had recently been advanced by ECB chairman Colin Graves.We strongly believe that in years to come we should encourage four-day Test cricket, Sumathipala said. We believe its going to be strong and effective. With the pink ball coming up and day-night facilities coming in, you can easily extend the day another 45 minutes and play a four-day Test comprising of 400 overs. Cheap Air Max Australia . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Air Max Australia Sale . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. http://www.australiaairmaxwholesale.com/ . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. INCHEON, South Korea -- Carlota Ciganda beat Alison Lee with a birdie on the first hole of a playoff Sunday in the rainy LPGA KEB HanaBank Championship after each player lost big leads.The 26-year-old Spaniard won her first LPGA Tour title with a 6-foot putt after Lees birdie chip from the rough off the back edge of the green missed a half-inch to the right.Its very special because its been a tough few years for me, Ciganda said. My coach [Rogelio Echeverria] passed away two years ago, and I had to look for a new coach. I changed caddies, too. Its been a long journey, but at the same time its really nice to get the win. I love competing and playing and being an athlete. I couldnt ask for a better life.She is now working with Terry McNamara, Annika Sorenstams former caddie, and instructor Jorge Parada.Ciganda overcame a 5-stroke deficit to Lee and had a 4-stroke lead after 10, then blew a 5-stroke advantage on the final five holes -- getting into the playoff when Lee bogeyed the par-5 18th after hitting her third shot into the water.The last three, four holes I was pretty nervous, Ciganda said. I was looking more and I was 1-up, and then I was on 18 I saw I was 1-down and I couldnt believe it. So its just golf. Only one can win. Anything can happen in the last few holes.In tears after the round, Lee declined to speak the media.Ciganda played the final five holes in 4 over -- making a double-bogey on 14 and bogeys on 16 and 18 -- for a 2-over 70 at Sky 72.The event had an emotional start with Se Ri Pak ending her Hall of Fame career Thursday in front of her home fans.I was just trying to stay in the present and hit as best I could, Ciganda said. In the end, it was so close. I think I was the lucky one today, and Im very happy.Three strokes ahead of U.S. Womens Open champion Brittany Lang entering the day, Lee had a 75 to match Ciganda at 10-under 278 on the Ocean Course. The 21-year-old American, still a student at UCLA, is in her second season on the tour.Ciganda birdied five of the first eight holes, taking a 1-stroke lead with a 6-foot birdie putt on the par-3 eighth. The two-time European Solheim Cup player added a 20-footer on the par-4 10th for a 4-stroke margin and was 5 ahead soon after.I didnt look at the leaderboard until I think it was on No. 12, Ciganda said. I saw I was winning by 5. I wasnt expecting that. Air Max Womens Australia. She compounded trouble in and just above a greenside bunker into a double-bogey on the par-4 14th, dropped another stroke on the par-4 16th and three-putted 18.I was positive, Ciganda said. I just tried my best, and I tried to play each shot the best I could. So its not that I was giving up or anything.Needing a par on 18 for her first victory, Lee hit a wedge that smacked into the front bank and bounced into the water. She was able to drop a few feet off the right edge of the green, chipped past and made a 5-footer to force the playoff.Lee had four birdies in a five-hole stretch in the middle of the round to seemingly fall out of contention. But while Ciganda faltered in the group ahead, the American made a 5-foot birdie putt on the par-4 15th and a 12-footer on the par-3 17th.It was tough. It was windy at the end and a little bit of rain, so it wasnt easy, Ciganda said. But Im from the north in Spain, which is cold and rainy in the winter, so Ive been practicing a lot in those conditions.Chinas Shanshan Feng (70) and South Koreas Min Sun Kim (71) tied for third at 8 under. Feng had her third straight top-four finish in Asia after tying for fourth in China and finishing second last week in Taiwan. The tour will return to China next week for the Blue Bay LPGA on Hainan Island, then make stops in Malaysia and Japan.Lang had three bogeys in a 75 to tie for third at 7 under.Lexi Thompson, the winner last year, had a 73 to tie for 13th at 4 under. Second-ranked Ariya Jutanugarn (69) and No. 3 In Gee Chun (71) also were 4 under.Top-ranked Lydia Ko closed with a 74 to tie for 51st at 3 over. She has four victories this year, one behind Jutanugarn for the tour lead.Fourth-ranked Brooke Henderson also struggled, shooting 78-72 on the weekend to finish at 5 over. The Canadian teen plans to play all six weeks in Asia.Ciganda is the third European winner this year, joining Swedens Anna Nordqvist and Germanys Caroline Masson.I think you have to enjoy life first, enjoy being out there, and then the win just comes to you, Ciganda said. Like I think if you are really looking for the win, its tough because you put more pressure. I think when you let it happen, thats when it happens. ' ' '