McLain Ward (ranked No. 3 in the world) and 10-time Olympian Ian Milla | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jan 29 '18
Stan Wawrinka kept his hopes of a semi-final berth alive with a straight-sets victory over Marin Cilic at the ATP World Tour Finals on Wednesday night. Orange Browns Jerseys . The Swiss superstar helped his chances of finishing the year ranked third and of reaching a fourth-straight semi-final at the O2 with a 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-3) victory. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price Cilic was beaten in straight sets by Andy Murray in his John McEnroe Group opener while Wawrinka lost to Kei Nishikori, meaning whoever lost their second match would almost certainly be heading home. The win helped US Open champion Wawrinka extend his head-to-head lead to 11-2, having now won his last seven matches against Cilic, who is out. Did you know... The last time a player lost his opening match and went on to win the title was in 2009 when Nikolay Davydenko surprised everyone to win at Londons O2 Arena. Shots of the matchWawrinka showed he is not just all about power as he lured Cilic into the net before showing a delicious touch to lob him. Wawrinka showed that hes not all about power with this delicate lob... But when it does come to pure power, Wawrinka can produce it when it most matters - especially on the backhand side. But the Swiss star does possess an awful lot of power on that missile of a backhand... Expert analysisGreg Rusedski: Hes back in business. He played great tonight. Cilic played him into form. Hes very confident going up against Marin because Marin isnt willing to come forward which allowed him to hit many groundstrokes and get a feeling for the ball. By the end of it, he was playing lights out tennis. Its not what Andy Murray wanted to see, an in-form Wawrinka on Friday.Peter Fleming: This match seemed to turn his game around. He was hitting the ball well and hes not going to be an easy guy to put out. Wawrinka joins Leif Shiras at the SkyPad to examine his victory over Cilic The matchThere was very little to choose between the two players, who both packed a punch with some blistering winners. Cilic had made very few inroads into Wawrinkas serve until he earned a set point at 5-4. However, the Swiss star quickly shut the door with a brave 100mph second serve into the body. The Wawrinka backhand was at its blistering best in the second set Quite predictably, it headed into a tiebreak, and it was the third seed who started forcing the errors from Cilics racket, which was enough to take the set.Just when it looked as though Wawrinka had the momentum, Cilic struck in the opening game of the second set. Wawrinka was happy to get his first victory in London after defeating Cilic Despite being hampered by a knee injury recently, the 31-year-old is determined to finish his season on a high, and responded with some fearsome hitting of his own to level in the fourth game.It was enough to send the tight contest into another tiebreaker. And Wawrinka struck a huge blow with an unstoppable 98mph forehand for the mini-break which he never relinquished to set up a mouth-watering clash against Murray. Heres the moment Wawrinka beat Cilic in straight sets Following his loss to Murray and now Wawrinka, Cilic is 0-5 at the ATP World Tour Finals.Check our game-by-game coverage from all group matches at the ATP World Tour Finals in London - including Andy Murray v Stan Wawrinka on Friday - on skysports.com/tennis, our app for mobile devices and iPad and our Twitter account @skysportstennis.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: As it happened... Murray beats Nishikori in epic One of the best matches ever Monfils pulls out of ATP finals Womens Browns Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Youth Browns Jerseys . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. http://www.officialbrownsnflauthenticshop.com/ . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. On Nov. 9, Jessica Springsteen strode intently across the floor of the Ricoh Coliseum, the arena at the Exhibition Palace convention center in Toronto, Ontario. The 24-year-old daughter of Bruce Springsteen wasnt taking in a Marlies game, the top affiliate of the Maple Leafs. She was taking a course walk a few minutes prior to a Grand Prix qualifier show-jumping event, part of the Longines FEI World Cup North American League series.The event -- and show jumping in general -- appears the antithesis of minor league hockey: million-dollar horses; a VIP section where spectators wine and dine in black tie; and a plethora of very wealthy riders (like Springsteen) who could probably buy the Marlies if they liked.Yet behind the glamour, money and famous names of the elite show-jumping circuit are legitimate athletes. When its done well at the top level, it looks so easy and effortless, says Springsteen. She should know, as shes currently ranked 5th by the United States Equestrian Federation and 47th in the Longines world rankings. But its not. There is so much physicality to it.For Springsteen, that physicality starts on the familys 300-acre Stone Hill Farm in Colts Neck, New Jersey. Show jumping at the elite level is not a part-time occupation. In addition to competitions nearly every weekend, Springsteen, like most riders, exercises her horses (she has five) six days a week. Controlling those 1,200-pound animals requires a myriad of muscle groups, including back, legs, arms, shoulders and core, and the many hours in the saddle take a toll in the form of soreness, strains and injuries. For me, I feel in it my shoulders and back the most, says Springsteen.Traditionally, show jumpers maintained fitness by consistent riding. But in recent years that philosophy has changed. Off-horse training has become essential.Springsteen, who made the Team USA short list for the 2012 London Olympic Games (health issues with her horse made Rio 2016 untenable), practices both Pilates and Pure Barre two to three times a week to strengthen her core muscles. I didnt start exercising until I was 19 or 20, she admits. But I found when I did I had a much greater togetherness with my horse.Georgina Bloomberg, daughter of former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, follows a strict training regimen of Pilates, cardio, core, stretching aand weights. Elite Browns Jerseys. Since there arent really any trainers with equestrian experience, I devised it myself, says the 33-year-old. I try to tailor it as horse specific as possible.A perfect example? Her dumbbell shoulder presses. I put an exercise ball between my legs and squeeze as I do the movements, she explains. The twist on a standard press, which mimics the use of her legs as she rides, not only engages her core but improves her balance -- an attribute as vital to a show jumpers success as a point guards passing prowess.Nutrition has become another important part of riders regimens. I make sure I eat healthy, says Springsteen. She cites a balanced diet and ample protein for energy, and is vigilant about the size of precompetition meals -- a factor when winning and losing a show-jumping event is often decided by a few seconds.Another issue is hydration. With much of the winter show-jumping season held in Wellington, Florida, the riders, like race car drivers, can fall victim to the heat. Sometimes you dont notice how hot it is, says Springsteen. You have to force yourself to be aware and get your fluids.At 9:30 p.m., the FEI World Cup event begins. Springsteen is one of 22 riders that include 2016 Rio Games gold medalist Nick Skelton, McLain Ward (ranked No. 3 in the world) and 10-time Olympian Ian Millar. Atop Cynar VA, her gray Dutch warmblood mare, Springsteen attacks the course, 370 meters in length with 12 obstacles, some as high as 5-foot-2. She is smooth and flawless until the ninth jump, when Cynar VAs front hoof clips the top rail and knocks it to the turf. Its her lone fault, but enough that she eventually finishes 7th.While the Toronto result isnt ideal, Springsteen has been at the top of her game of late. In September, she won the prestigious HITS Saugerties $1 Million Grand Prix, and she has her sights set on the 2018 World Equestrian Games and the 2020 Olympics. To do so, shell need to push herself with her off-horse training. It wont be a problem, however -- she knows theres room for improvement. I still dont stretch enough, she says with a laugh. As for yoga, Im terrible at it. I cant even hold a pose.Tim Struby has been an ESPN contributor since 1999. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '