Goodwin had been one of the Cowboys best special teams | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Probleme mit dem Chat
Mitglied
linchao Dez 31 '19

The only thing missing from the Chiefs' rout of the Jaguars on Sunday was discipline.The Chiefs forced five turnovers on defense https://www.thecowboyslockerroom.com/authentic-leighton-vander-esch-jersey , returning one of Blake Bortles' four interceptions for a touchdown. Their high-scoring offense gained more than 400 yards behind Patrick Mahomes' efficient air assault and Kareem Hunt's hard running. And their special teams were simply steady.But a little of that shine was dulled by the ejections of defensive tackle Chris Jones and pass rusher Dee Ford, both in the second half of the Chiefs' 30-14 victory .Jones, whose pick-6 electrified Arrowhead Stadium earlier in the game, was crushed to the ground as Jacksonville attempted an extra point. For no apparent reason, Jones drove his right elbow into the thigh of the Jaguars player beneath him, right in front of an official a few yards away.Ford's ejection was a bit less egregious. He was flagged twice for unsportsmanlike conduct, the second of which came for standing over Bortles after chasing him into the Kansas City bench area."We have to keep ourselves under control emotionally. When two good football teams play each other, there's going to be emotion," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. "This is a team that's going to try to be physical and push you around at your place and you can't let that happen, either, so you have to put your foot down. But you have to do it the right way."Jones and Ford were both absent from the locker room after the game."We have to learn from that. You surely can't be ejected from the game. That's not smart football," Reid said. "Nobody is going to push us around anywhere, but be smart with it."Especially considering the Chiefs (5-0) visit New England next weekend.The Jaguars (3-2) also were chippy throughout the game, but they at least had reason to unload their frustration. Bortles and the offense struggled with turnovers, and a defense that was ranked No. 1 in the NFL coming into the game watched Mahomes, Hunt and the rest of the Chiefs move the ball at will."I thought that we came out and played flat, myself included. I think they had points on every possession in the first half," Jaguars safety Tashaun Gipson said. "You can't call yourself the best defense in the National Football League. I don't care who coaches or who's the quarterback, it just shouldn't happen. But it happened today. So Amari Cooper Jersey White , again, they're best offense in the National Football League for a reason. They definitely came out and showed us today."In truth, the Chiefs made a solid argument that they're also the best team."I don't think (Jacksonville) is physical. I think they want to pretend like they're physical when everything's going good," Chiefs cornerback Orlando Scandrick said. "I think we're a really physical team. I think we play a physical style of defense. I think we play a very simple style of defense and do what we do better than you do what you do."If not for the ejections, they would have done it to perfection on Sunday.Here are some other takeaways from the Chiefs' victory over the Jaguars:RAMSEY VS HILLJaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey and Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill played mostly to a draw after trading barbs last week. Ramsey broke up a couple of passes and Hill managed to haul in four for 61 yards, though not all of them were with the Pro Bowl cornerback covering him. "Me and Tyreek are cool," Ramsey said. "I respect him as a player."RUNNING WOESThe Jaguars were already without Leonard Fournette because of a hamstring injury when Corey Grant went down with a groin strain. That left only T.J. Yeldon, who'd been nursing an ankle injury, and journeyman Brandon Wilds to run the ball. "We've been banged up quite a bit this year. It's one of those things," Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said. "We're not going to use that as an excuse."SPEAKING OF INJURIESThe Chiefs, already without starting safeties Eric Berry and Daniel Sorensen, lost backups Armani Watts (groin) and Eric Murray (lower leg) during the game. Jordan Lucas was pressed into service and picked off a pass. "You got to be ready at all times," he said. "When your number is called, you got to be confident in your preparation during the week and I was."PRAISE FOR PATMahomes threw his first two picks this season, but he also threw for 313 yards and scrambled for a touchdown while making at least one fan on the Jacksonville sideline. "He's a heck of a quarterback," Marrone said. "I said it before. He was good on film. He was good in person."TOUGH TESTSThe Jaguars' road doesn't get a whole lot easier with a trip to Dallas up next, while the Chiefs head to Foxborough to face the reigning AFC champions. "The sky is the limit for this team," Chiefs wide receiver Chris Conley said. "I think this team can be pretty dangerous." The Cowboys’ cornerbacks may be their strongest position group." Dallas Cowboys GeneralThe Cowboys are strong at corner, with or without All-Pro CDTThe Dallas Cowboys cornerbacks have been one of the most impressive position groups this preseason. The Dallas defensive backs are doing this without their number one man Womens Michael Gallup Jersey , All-Pro Byron Jones, even stepping on the field yet this camp. With the Cowboys being just a few weeks away from their Week One matchup against the New York Giants, there is some real question if Jones will be on the field on September 8.With the impressive performance of their young corner group, Dallas is showing that they can still be strong at the position with or without Jones on the field. The Cowboys are getting encouraging signs from almost all their corners. Let’s by taking a look at the guy who has been filling in at the number one corner spot in Jones’ absence, Chidobe Awuzie. Entering his third NFL season, Awuzie looked like one of the best candidates on the Cowboys’ roster to take a big leap forward this season. To this point of camp, he has proved that narrative correct. The 24-year-old made two very nice plays breaking on the ball in Week One of the preseason against San Francisco.Awuzie has been getting his hands on the football a lot during training camp practices as well.If Jones is forced to miss regular season time, a lot will be expected of Awuzie as the Cowboys’ number one corner. The Colorado product has registered 18 pass defenses in his first two NFL seasons, but has only recorded two interceptions. If he is able to continue his strong play and turn some of those pass defenses into interceptions, Dallas could have one of the best starting corner combos in the league when Jones returns. Probably the most talked about Cowboys corner other than Byron Jones this offseason was Jourdan Lewis. Many speculated if Dallas would look to move the third-year man during the offseason. Of course the Cowboys never did, and so far this preseason that is looking like an outstanding move.Lewis has had a very hot start to training camp, and everyday it seems like his stock continues to soar upwards.Cowboys passing game coordinator Kris Richard also had some strong praise for Lewis when he was asked about him last week.Lewis is probably the player who will be affected most if Jones is not ready to start the season. Despite his solid play, if Jones is healthy it is hard to see Lewis taking over a big role, at least at the start of the regular season. But if Jones is out, Anthony Brown will have to slide outside to start, leaving Lewis as the Dallas starting slot cornerback. Losing an All-Pro cornerback is never a good thing, but it would be interesting to see if Lewis could build on his strong summer if he was given a starting role in Jones’ absence. Last but not least we get to the final starter, and probably the least talked about Cowboys’ corner, Anthony Brown. It is hard to believe Brown is already about to enter his fourth season in the NFL. In his three years in Dallas Demarcus Lawrence Jersey , Brown has started 30 of the 47 games he has appeared in, recorded 27 pass defenses, and four interceptions.So far Brown has had a fairly quiet camp to date, but did make some nice plays against the 49ers in Week One.Since he arrived in Dallas, Brown has seemingly been a forgotten man on the Cowboys defense. He is never one of the first ones to come up in a discussion, even at his own position, but quietly Brown has had a solid Cowboys career. If Jones is forced to miss regular season games, Brown’s role will change from what it has been the past two seasons. He will be forced to move to starting at outside corner rather than being the starter in the slot like he is accustomed to. Brown does have NFL experience playing outside in his rookie year, but most of the work he has done has been in the slot. To pair with their potential starters Dallas also has corners Mike Jackson, Donovan Olumba, and C.J. Goodwin competing for a roster spot. By most accounts, Olumba has had the best camp so far out of the three, and Jackson has struggled the most. Goodwin had been one of the Cowboys best special teams players, so his versatility will help him in regards to making the roster.All in all, cornerback is one of the Cowboys’ best position groups. When healthy, Jones will make the Dallas defensive backs much better, but if they are forced to play a couple of early season games without him, they should be okay.